Thursday, January 11, 2007

My Bio

My Bio
Hello and welcome to my blog. My name is Elyse Van Fleet and I am a nineteen-year-old freshman at IPFW. Hopefully, through this blog you will find out a little more about me and my writing. I suppose the best way to start a biography is from the beginning so here it goes.
I was born on November 17th, 1987 in Goshen. My parents are Neil and Carol Van Fleet. My mother is a teacher at West Noble Middle School and my dad is a purchasing agent at an RV manufacturer. I have one sibling, my brother Chris (but I call him Bub), who is now 26 years old and recently married. I lived outside of Lagrange until I was seven when we moved to Ligonier. I attended West Noble throughout grade school and graduated from West Noble High school this past June. My senior year is when I really got interested in writing as well as politics.
That leads me to the present, the most obvious part of the biography. My major is currently General Studies with a high concentration in journalism. I have no intention of becoming a journalist, but more on that later. I am a full-time student with a full-time job at a tax office in Nappanee as a receptionist. This is why I am taking mostly Internet classes this semester. The majority of my time is spent with my boyfriend Andrew, who is the love of my life, as cliché as that sounds. The rest of my time is spent on art projects such as portraits, photography, or even something a simple as designing a flier for someone. Creative projects like these are what I love to do, which brings me to my next point.
The career goal is to become a graphic designer. Since I love art so much, I decided to make it my career. I am moving to Kettering, Ohio, outside of Dayton, in the fall to attend the School of Advertising Art. SAA offers a two-year program with about 120 students in attendance. I am currently saving my money from my job in order to move. This is a big step in my life that I am very excited about. Not only will I be going to a school where I’ll get to do what I love all day, but my boyfriend is coming with me.
My interests aren’t just limited to art, however. When it gets warm outside I love to play tennis whenever I get the chance. I played tennis in high school and I still enjoy playing today even though it’s hard sometimes to find a good partner. I also take great pride in my taste in music. I have a weird talent of being able to recite lyrics to every song that comes on the radio even after listening to it only once. My IPod is my best friend on the trips in between Ligonier, Syracuse, Warsaw, and Nappanee, which is a typical driving schedule for me on any given day. I’m also like every other teenager: I love to hang out with my friends in coffee shops (specifically Downtown Grounds in Syracuse), go to the movies, talk on my cell phone, listen to music, and generally being lazy whenever I can.
It wasn’t an epic biography, but hopefully you have some insight into my life in general including my interests, my family, and my goals. I look forward to reading everyone’s writing and maybe I’ll be able to give you guys something interesting to read as well.

No comments: